Apart from all the difficulties with processing, feeling down or feelings of low self-esteem can be part of the Dyslexic experience. In this video Miranda Banks, from Excel in Exams, shares techniques she’s developed to deal with some of these feelings.
If you need any assistance when reading this post please note Browsealoud is installed on this site. Click the headphone logo in the top left corner of the screen to launch the assistive toolbar.
- Feeling down is part of the human experience
- If you feel down more than you feel upbeat then this may be an issue you need to address
- It can help to identify if what triggers you to feel down comes from internal or external sources
- Identify what you currently do which brings you positive feelings
- Create on-hand strategies that you can utilise to lift your spirit
- As you learn how to get rid of negative feelings actively replace them with positive ones
- If negative feelings persist sleek professional advice a good place to start is the BDA help line: 0333 405 4567
You can find out more about Excel in Exams Here
Watch more of Miranda’s videos Here
The Codpast is a multimedia production from www.extraordinaire.tv