This course will provide parents with an increased awareness of sensory equipment and sensory play. The practical workshop will support parent to get the most of their existing sensory equipment.
Elements which will be covered:
- Introduction to sensory and understand the need
- Understanding why we provide sensory play and using products effectively to get the most effective result
- Managing behaviour and building relationships, self-esteem and confidence
- Hands on training and helpful hints
- Practical strategies for day to day support
The Empower project is a Big Lottery funded initiative through the Reaching Out Supporting Families Programme which support Families across Mid Ulster and Antrim & Newtownabbey Council areas. The focus of the project is to support children under 12 with Autism, Dyslexia and Dyspraxia, their parents and the wider family circle to enhance confidence and learn together to develop skills to support their children.